Due to the ongoing pandemic, our Spring Semester will remain virtual for the 2020-2021 school year. Please see an updated calendar reflecting this change.
SP Calendar 2020-2021
We hope everyone has a restful and rejuvenating holiday season and end of year. Here is to a hopeful year 2021!
The lottery for the 2021-2022 school year is now OPEN. The lottery will close by April 1, and you may apply at any point until that time.
The lottery is open for current and new families.
Follow the link below to read more information on the lottery and officially apply:
Dear Potential String Project Families and Lottery Hopefuls:
We are experiencing a slight delay with the start of our 2021-2022 Lottery because of the virtual format of beginning our school year. The lottery will officially open up by October!
Remember, you can enter the lottery any time between October and April. The time at which you enter does not affect the likelihood of being selected (selections are random).
We appreciate your understanding, patience, and flexibility!
Our 2020-2021 yearly calendar has been updated on the “Calendar” page.
Please note that our fall semester will be conducted virtually. While we hope to resume in-person teaching in the spring, this is tentative and the spring semester is subject to change.
Note: Instrument returns and rentals will be conducted this month.
- August 15: Instrument Return for families not returning to SP
- August 22: Instrument Rental day for New families
- August 29: Instrument Sizing day for Returning families & Rental day for Junior Cadets
We are getting ready for another year with String Project! A few announcements:
- The lottery and enrollment for the 2020-2021 have closed and all families who have been selected from the lottery have been emailed. The program is now at capacity, and we thank everyone who entered. If you were not selected this year we encourage you to re-apply for the 2021-2022 school year! The lottery will open up again mid-September and will be posted on our website.
- Current families will begin receiving weekly updates every Thursday. Be on the lookout for instructions on Instrument Returns and Rentals.
- Our fall semester will be conducted virtually. This is to ensure the safety of all families and teachers. We hope to begin teaching in-person in the Spring, but this is yet to be determined. We look forward to seeing everyone on Zoom!
Current and Prospective String Project Families:
Due to the pandemic causing us to redesign the program for online learning during March and April, we have experienced some delays in getting current and new students registered for the 2020-2021 school year. What this means:
- Current students: Please send in registration by May 31 so we can get an accurate count of returning students. Let Dana know as soon as possible if you do not plan on returning.
- Prospective Students (Lottery Entrants): We apologize for the delay in lottery announcements. We we will let you know by July whether or not your application has been selected!
Don’t forget that String Project Saturday classes resume January 25!
Private lessons will resume January 21.
The UT Austin String Project has been voted as “Best String Theory” by the Austin Chronicle! We are honored by this recognition and proud to continue supporting music and string education in Austin.
You can see the award at the following link: Austin Chronicle Best of Austin: UT Austin String Project
We will begin jury sign-ups for all students this Saturday. This is for students doing promo AND non-promo juries. Remember that you do not have to complete a jury if you are in ECE, Stepping Stones, Jr. Cadets, Sr. Cadets, and Saturday-only (unless you are hoping to promote to the next level).
In order to complete a promotional jury, you son or daughter MUST bring Position and Posture Checklist form signed and completed by their private teacher. This form can be found on the following page:
Promoting & Juries
Current String Project families: you may now submit absence forms electronically! Please visit the following link to submit an absence form: https://utexas.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eQCbjG9czAfXiKh
You can also find this under “Parent Resources: Documents & Policies.” Please note that although we will not continue to have physical absence forms at the Main Table, you may still print these forms from the Parent Resource Page. You may either scan and send these to the office or turn-in a physical copy on Saturdays.