Throughout the year, new and returning String Project students and their parents/guardians receive information about the program through email or verbal instruction. We communicate weekly mass emails via CHARMS. If you are not receiving these emails, please contact Dana Wygmans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students and parents/guardians receive email about the following topics:
- Instrument rental: The Instrument Steward (Joanna Ross) sends email to inform students/parents about how, when, and where to rent, exchange, or return instruments.
- Payment: The Program Coordinator (Dana Wygmans) will send email about payment.
- Weekly schedules and special events: The Program Coordinator sends email each week with information about upcoming events, parking, and class schedules.
- You can always reach us by emailing email@example.com.
Students and parents/guardians receive information about many items verbally, in addition to the email and printed information. Important information to expect verbally includes:
- From the Director: Description of the packet provided at convocation
- From private lesson teachers: Information about preparation for juries and recitals
- From Ensembles/Orchestra/Musicianship faculty: Information about preparing for concerts and special events.
String Project has a YouTube Channel which contains many videos parents may find helpful in assisting their children during music instruction.
Click here to visit the YouTube Channel.
The University of Texas at Austin String Project will not take custodial responsibility of minors while participating in any classes associated with String Project. Custodial responsibility will remain with parents, legal guardians, and chaperones.